+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Master of Orion

1. Top | #1

My Social Network

Follow Lisa Pham On Twitter Add Lisa Pham on Facebook
    Add Lisa Pham on Linkedin

Master of Orion

Yes, it's an older game, but I had a LOT of fun with Master of Orion 2.

What makes this even better is, I got a GOG notification email about their new sales, and I noticed that the Master of Orion series is on GOG.

Knowing how much I loved playing number 2 (which is $2.99), I decided to buy all 3 of them ... 1 & 2 come together and I purchased number 3 separately for a few dollars more ($4.99).

All in all, it's great to know I'll get to play this game again when I get some free time.

As a side note... I'll even be telling one of my son's about this... his PC was having issues playing #3 a long way back and had to stop playing it... now he might get to play it again.

2. Likes Liked this post (Above)
  3. Top | #2
    Too bad its sequel end up quite... horrible.
    Yeah, MOO 2 it the top of its series. ( unless suddenly another MOO coming up )

MOO 3 known to e a buggy game. IIRC, newer VGA card got problem with it, SNSO ( save now save often ) style is recommended. Beware the auto save can result in corrupt file.
    Sorry for the grammar, English is not my 1st language.

4. Top | #3

My Social Network

Maybe GOG was able to fix the issues in MOO3? That's what I'm hoping anyway. :)

I guess it's time to go see if anyone is reporting issues with the GOG version of MOO3.

Edit/added:
    Doing a search for MOO on the GOG forums, there are a few regarding MOO 1& 2, but nothing for MOO3... Yet! :P

5. Top | #4
    I still doubt if they willing to fix it.
    Quite many bugs, not only system compatibility, but also gameplay.

For gameplay, just a hint, always have a missile / fighter for your ships so they can use their point defense weapon.
    Otherwise, those point defense weapons won't work.

6. Top | #5

My Social Network

Thanks, fs, I'll have to keep that in mind... although I'm not planning on playing #3 for a long time yet because I want to get back into playing #2 first.

7. Likes Liked this post (Above)
  8. Top | #6
    Master of orion game is a good game, i recently tried this game, which I felt it is the good game. And I am quite dissapointed with the Master of orion3 game. This game is somewhat suffering with the problems and also more complex in playing this game than the before games.

9. Top | #7

My Social Network

Master of Orion 2 was the better one of them all.... I'm not even sure I want to play #3.

Although at this point I still haven't had time to even install MOO2 yet.. There's not enough hours in the day to spend playing games more than a few hours a week.

Also, Welcome to RYG, susonjoy.

10. Top | #8
    Currently there are 2 titles which can be called as MOO successor... as long as you can tolerate steam that is.
    - Endless sapce :
    This is very MOO like, the greatest minus is the combat which is like playing card battle. Bad card choosing might cause you to lose even if your fleet is greater than you enemy. Also somehow really make the combat boring.

- Legend of Pegasus :
    Also MMO like, and the combat is RTS model. But one main problem, it is too buggy. You need to follow the patch progression on their forum if you want to purcase.

11. Thanks Martin Pham Thanked for this post (Above)
  12. Top | #9
    Researcher and Designer Martin Pham's Avatar

My Social Network

Add Martin Pham on Linkedin
    w/ Endless Space it's more of the fact that you're able to work with developers on making the best game they can make it.

I know I'm still trying to give myself proper time in playing MOO2. Curiously, what sort of things did you like and dislike about MOO2?
    We've provided our project planner in case you're interested in working with us.

Games Completed in 2012:
    On RYG (Completed 390 Hours of 500 Hours)
    Books Completed in 2012: The Curations Series and on Goodreads.com. (50 Books in 2012)

13. Top | #10
    Well I like every aspect of MOO2.
    No dislike there... well maybe if the fighters dogfight can be better. But hey, it is still old engine so no complaint there.
    For me fighters dogfight is what enrich space battle rather being dominated by large ships.

14. Thanks Martin Pham Thanked for this post (Above)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information